Although there is currently no legal requirement for a company to operate an Environmental Policy (unlike a health and safety policy), Specialist Contractors are increasingly being required to do so by their clients as a condition of obtaining work.
Being a comprehensive worldwide delivery company in the refrigerated transport market, Broughton Transport are fully committed to the environment and are aware of the impact we have as a Transport Company.
- We are committed to improving our practices in order to minimise the impact of our freight on the environment
- We optimise our routes through our state of the art tracking system to reduce noise pollution and diesel consumption.
- We also reduce emissions by our vehicle fleet maintenance programme and the vehicles that we purchase
- We regularly maintain and service all company vehicles to ensure their efficiency and minimise GHG emissions
- We educate our staff on what each individual can do to help the environment. We keep our usage of non-organic cleaning material to a minimum
- We will use, where viable, recyclable products and encourage the recycling of materials and waste
- We will always listen to Government, whether local or national on their views on what we can do to reduce our carbon footprint
- We ensure all vehicles are compliant with the London Low Emission Zone
- We take account of environmental considerations such as developments in fuel and vehicle technology, when acquiring new company vehicles