Although there is currently no legal requirement for a company to operate an Environmental Policy (unlike a health and safety policy), Specialist Contractors are increasingly being required to do so by their clients as a condition of obtaining work.
Being a comprehensive worldwide delivery company in the refrigerated transport market, Broughton Transport are fully committed to the environment and are aware of the impact we have as a Transport Company.
- We are committed to improving our practices in order to minimise the impact of our freight on the environment
- We optimise our routes through our state of the art tracking system to reduce noise pollution and diesel consumption.
- We also reduce emissions by our vehicle fleet maintenance programme and the vehicles that we purchase
- We regularly maintain and service all company vehicles to ensure their efficiency and minimise GHG emissions
- We educate our staff on what each individual can do to help the environment. We keep our usage of non-organic cleaning material to a minimum
- We will use, where viable, recyclable products and encourage the recycling of materials and waste
- We will always listen to Government, whether local or national on their views on what we can do to reduce our carbon footprint
- We ensure all vehicles are compliant with the London Low Emission Zone
- We take account of environmental considerations such as developments in fuel and vehicle technology, when acquiring new company vehicles
Throughout these years you have always provided excellent transport services and been able to handle large amounts of our frozen loads every week, year round.”